As someone who cooks all the time, I appreciate a simple, straightforward meal as much as the next person. I believe in the concept of “work smarter, not harder”, and slow-cooker meals are perfectly in tune with this mentality.
In our slow-cooker recipes, organic, wholesome, healthy ingredients meld together and get better and better over hours of cooking. Plus, you can sneak tons of nutrient-rich vegetables and legumes into these meals! Be sure to check out our tips at the end of each recipe for ways to add even more heart-healthy vegetables and fiber to your slow-cooker meal.
Check out some of our favorites below, or let us prepare some ready-to-cook organic slow-cooker meals for you! Add a crock-pot meal to your regular service for just $68 for 4 rich, comforting servings, ready to heat in your slow-cooker and serve. (Pricing applies to regular meal-delivery clients. To inquire about a one-time delivery or pick-up options, please email Chef Emily.) We deliver to Chester County and surrounding areas.
Fiesta Chicken and Rice
Recipe From Julie’s Eats and Treats
- 1 lb. uncooked chicken, cubed
- 1 c. uncooked brown rice
- 1 can (10 oz.) enchilada sauce (or use your own homemade version)
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies (or chopped fresh chilis, reduce amount)
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1 pack frozen spinach (plus add any other chopped veggies that you like!)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 avocado
- 1 c. pico de gallo
- 1/2 c. queso fresco, crumbled
- OPTIONAL - 1 c. non-fat plain Greek yogurt or light sour cream
Spray slow-cooker with non-stick spray and add the chicken, rice, enchilada sauce, green chilies, chicken broth, spinach, onion, cumin and salt. Stir to combine and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Serve topped with pico de gallo, queso fresco and Greek yogurt.
For vegetarians: Leave out chicken and substitute canned and drained pinto beans, chickpeas, or black beans. Substitute vegetable broth for chicken broth. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Slow-Cooker Split Pea Soup
Recipe from Family Fresh Meals
- 1 lb dry split peas
- 2 cups of diced turkey bacon or ham (or leave out for vegetarians!)
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 32 oz of chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 2 cups water
Place all ingredients into a 6 quart crockpot. Cover and and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or on HIGH for 4-5 hours. Remove bay leaves before serving.
Tip: Feel free to add any other seasonal, organic chopped vegetables that you have on hand! Root vegetables like celeriac can be added at the beginning of cooking, or simply throw in a bag of frozen peas or spinach in the last half hour of cooking time. Be creative with what you have!
Sweet Potato Chickpea Chili
Recipe from Sweet Peas and Saffron
- 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 13.5 oz can of tomato sauce
- Half of a 6.5 oz can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, with peppers chopped - leave out or reduce quantity if you are sensitive to spice, these are HOT!
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1.5-2 inch cubes (roughly 5 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 14.5 oz cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Juice of half of a lime
- Cilantro leaves
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Tortilla chips
Combine diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, chipotles, and stock in the base of slow-cooker. Add remaining ingredients and mix. Cook for 8-10 hours on lowest setting. Stir in lime juice just before serving. Serve with avocado, cilantro, yogurt, and/or tortilla chips.
Tip: Try subbing different beans for the chickpeas. You can also sub winter squash such as pumpkin for the sweet potato in this recipe. Feel free to add ground chicken, turkey, or beef to this recipe if you like.
Need more inspiration? Here are some other meals we like to prepare in a slow-cooker:
- Honey Garlic Chicken with Vegetables and Potatoes
- Chicken Marsala
- Root Vegetable Stew
- Chicken Teryaki
- Honey Sesame Chicken
- Vegan Black Bean Soup
- Carne Asada Tacos
- White Bean Stew
Order slow-cooker meals by emailing Chef Emily Scott.