Not surprisingly, I feel strongly that diet plays a huge role in how we feel on a day to day basis, and therefore how we handle everything else that life throws at us. When I think of my non-negotiables when it comes to feeling balanced in my body and health, these are the three steadfast rules that come to mind:
- Eat at least one leafy green salad per day. (or salad-equivalent in the form of a green juice or green smoothie)
- Eat at home most days of the month. (eating at a restaurant should be a rare treat!)
- Limit meat and dairy consumption and focus on plant-based foods.
Jaime Lynn Curley, local Chester County coach and life/work balance guru, runs a business that is centered around helping others achieve balance in their lives. I asked her to share her tips for those of us who are looking to make changes in 2017. Here’s what Jaime Lynn had to say:
"In order to get "unstuck" there must be balance in all areas of your life, career, family, fun, mindset and health. Finding that balance is the hardest part. We think, if we focus on a career, our family life will suffer. If we choose to stay at home, our pocketbook will quickly diminish. If we have a sour mindset we will not appreciate success in any area of life. And if our health is weak then how could we really enjoy career, family, or fun?
Too many of us fail to see the greatness within ourselves. I’ve come to realize that we all can inspire others. Before I could inspire others I had to motivate myself. And in order to motivate myself I had to honor my body so that my 'well' would be full at all times to give to others. It was all about nutritionally rebalancing my body, ridding myself of the impurities that were weighing me down and optimizing the food I put in my body."
Jaime Lynn’s top 3 tips for making a shift in your health and body:
- Find a nutritional program that works for you. For me, it was the Cleanse For Life program that opened my eyes to exactly how amazing I was designed to feel. (Jaime Lynn also uses our Meal Planning Program for healthy weeknight meals to supplement her shakes!)
- Everything in moderation. Indulge in the things you love and learn to appreciate them. All the other distractions, leave them to the side.
- Move your body with others. Find a class at the gym that motivates you, a local running group or grab an accountability partner and get sweaty!
To learn more about Jaime Lynn Curley and how she can help you achieve balance, check out her website, connect with her on Facebook, or email her at email@example.com.
One final note: I’d like to give a big shout-out to the awesome group of ladies who have joined me in our Seasonal Meal Planning Program - these women have committed to making lasting changes to their health, beginning right in their home kitchen, and they are succeeding! They made their intentions known, took the steps to set themselves up for success, and are holding themselves accountable. Be sure to check out our Facebook page to see their progress.